EZ Cut Drill Tips & Troubleshooting
- Always make sure the coring machine is rigidly mounted with an anchor or vacuum plate. Any moment or vibration will shorten bit life and reduce cutting speed. Standing on your drill base for anchoring is dangerous and does not provide adequate rigidity.
- Lower the drill bit very slowly and use light feed pressure until the hole is "collared."
- Drill using consistent feed pressure. Jerky feed subjects the bits to sudden impacts which can fracture even diamonds.
- Use an adequate amount of pressurized water at all times. Water slurry return should appear muddy. Clear water in the return can indicate excessive water or insufficient feed pressure.
- Always check that waterways are clear of build up or blockage and are providing adequate coolant.
- Always use the proper RPM for bit diameter.
- When encountering embedded rebar use a feather-light touch through the steel.
- Any questions? Call us toll-free at 1-800-727-0100. We're always happy to help.
Home || Products